Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Start 2011 With Goals Firmly In Place

Have you found yourself at that end of the year still wondering what you have accomplished? Without clearly written goals, it may be hard to identify what exactly happened within those 365 days. The best way to see results, whether good or bad is to have set goals to reach throughout the year.

I really didn't set any goals for myself until the last three months of the year. This forced me to set schedules and get work done in order to get the results I needed. I'm really proud of what I could finish. This has only encouraged me further to start the new year off with goals and plans firmly in place. I've already re-organized my spreadsheet, set monthly and daily goals while allowing for incidentals.

Don't shy away from goal setting and definitely don't put it off. It's a new year and a new tax season. The perfect time to align all work and family schedules.

Let's start this year off right and make 2011 better than 2010.

10 comments:

  1. The goals I set for myself last year were never accomplished! I am really striving to make my goals a priority in 2011! Great post!

    Amy
    (wood1978)
    CrazySimpleLife

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the goals? :) *Waits in suspense and with baited breath!*

    -- OfficeC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't accomplish all the goals I wanted to, but I did accomplish several, so that's huge. I think my biggest disappointment, though, was not losing all the weight that I wanted. The last half of the year was rough because of money and my mom being sick. I didn't take care of myself as well as I should have, which meant instead of losing weight, I gained. Ugh! I did, however, start yoga and pilates in November. Though I haven't lost weight, I have lost inches in my waist and thighs. So here's to seeing more gains in the health department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post speaks directly to my heart. ;-) I'm so organized and anal about making plans, setting goals...the times when I am spontaneous it's surprising. The great part of being self-employed is fussing with my papers and making the dreams come true. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal is to set goals I break into achievable steps. When you complete the steps it motivates you to keep going. If I set goals without steps I never finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only goal is to lose 20 pounds this year. Last year, I said the same thing except that it was 15 pounds LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding me about tax season. XP Aaaaarrrrrrgh. Time to email the accountant!
    Also, I loved this post. As I sit here, revving up for the first day of my own NY goals, every little bit of positive helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As someone who has ADD, I have to grab ideas and tasks while they are out there on my mind. Otherwise they just get sucked back into the vortex.

    Thanks, I will have do some organizing this year to see what I can get done.

    feistyafterfifty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm horrible at setting and completing goals. I should be better (much better), but this year I decided that instead of setting goals in stone by writing them down, I keep a journal to write down things I have accomplished. By the end of the year, I will have a pretty good list of all my accomplishments and not just a list of incomplete goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following me. I am following you back.

    Nicole Weaver
    http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"