Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Unemployment Extension Approved: What's Next

When I first saw that they were extending unemployment and making it retroactive from December 4, 2010, I thought this was a good idea. I still think it's a good plan and much needed at this time, but what's next?  There are many families that have uncertain futures when it comes to job prospects.

I wonder how many of them have thought about working from home and only came up with scams, home parties, MLMs and dead ends? I used to be one of those with an uncertain future and wanting to find something to do from home. After years of uncertainty, I finally find many opportunities and was rewarded accordingly.

Individuals that write have several platforms and outlets in which to seek payment for their crafts. Whether it's submitting to online and offline publications or working for content mills, there is something for everyone. Of course if you desire neither of these you can always write a book.


2 comments:

  1. I have had mixed feelings about this. I guess, from my perspective, I know of people who are not looking for work...they are staying on unemployment as long as possible. I helped a family member find a job the other week and I was shocked to find PLENTY of work out there (in my area)!
    My husband told me the company he works for is having trouble getting applicants...this makes no sense when the unemployment rate in my county is higher than ever!
    But I know there are families who are desperately trying and doing their best as well...which left me torn.

    Thanks for following my page BTW! I am following yours as well!

    -Miranda
    http://www.wahadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, because although there are people out there abusing these extensions...there are also people out there looking. Anything that can help will be appreciated, I'm sure! I'll be sure to pass on your links to anyone I know that's looking...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"