Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Unemployed Mayhem: What's New

So I wrote an article this weekend about the unemployment extension that was signed along with the tax cut bill. What I did not expect was so many arguments over whether there should be another one or what would happen next. The article is titled: Unemployment Extension 2010: How Many Will Benefit. Of course, as with all writing we want to inspire some type of conversation. People are losing hope fast and wondering what to do next. There are even cases of CPAs out of work for more than two years.

There have been many of us who've faced situations like this and a few more that still are now. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to share what I've learned about working from home and making it a success. When I first decided to quit my job and work from home, I did it ultimately without a plan. I didn't know if it was possible, but I was willing to try. I don't recommend anyone just up and quitting their job like this. I did have some support from my former boss and continued to support his organizations in some capacity from home but not nearly enough.

First I found little odd jobs that were enough to help put gas in the car or get some extra groceries if needed. I thought this would be a good opportunity to share some of what I've learned along the way.

I call these the odd jobs


ChaCha and KGB -  I'm not affiliated with them at this time, though I have worked for both. I like to think of them as the answer man. Their duty is to provide answers to most questions you may think of asking. You simply text them your question and they will provide you with the answer. They hire contractors to answer these questions through their online platforms. I found it to be quite entertaining as you never know what type of question will come across your screen. If you just need a little extra income, they are definitely worth checking out.

ChaCha Guides  or KGB Special Agents




3 comments:

  1. I was on your blog from the blog hop and saw you had a FB page. I hope you will stop by mine too http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tawnas-thoughts-plans-and-journeys/110934798966532 I could not get it toload straight from you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower, I'd love for you to stop by & check out my blog sometime! http://thenilsensnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved you article. It's very frustrating to see the 99-ers left out yet again though. The long term unemployed have it the hardest.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"