Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The many different writing styles and my take on just a few.

I love to read/write both fiction and nonfiction. I like to write fiction because it takes you away. It's like your own reality, you get to create anything. It's a freedom that doesn't otherwise exist. I also like when others read my stories and tell me that they can relate. I've been told too, that I write about things that could happen to anyone. I must say that I also like to keep a little truth in my fiction.

I've never written a fantasy or science fiction story. But they do seem to be popular. Many writers are getting notoriety from these books. Most recently Twilight and let's not forget one of my favorites Lord of the Rings. I can't seem to write these types of stories, I don't think my creativity extends that far.



Then there's the romance genre and some of my favorite authors from Terri McMillan to Nora Roberts. I'm crazy for a romance any day. I can't leave out historical romance and all the dukes that are outsmarted or outwitted by their counterparts. They take me away every time. It's just something about the regency era that I've grown to like a lot. Now a good mystery always get's me to edge of my seat. There are quite a few I've read more than once.

Let's not forget nonfiction. I like to write/read this because we all need a dose of the truth. I have seven children and love to share. I also am a fan of baby books and parenting. This is what I write, more specifically it's about childbirth right now. It's something close to my heart. I have an untold story that'll be shared with the world once I'm published (nothing like being positive).


 What's your favorite fiction book? Do you have a favorite author?

5 comments:

  1. I used to be a total Lord of the Rings Fan! My obsession has calmed thru out the years though. Its cool that you can write fiction like that. I probably wouldn't know where to start.

    Anyway, you were following me but I recently changed my followers to members, so I'd love for you to come back and join my site.

    Thanks a bunch!
    Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by the Thrifty Things. I am now following you. I think I will be able to glean a lot from your writing tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tomica!
    It is nice to meet you, I found you through Blog Frog, and just wanted to tell you, I like you aspire to be a writer one day.
    A couple of my favorite authors are Phillipa Gregory (historical fiction) and Tess Gerittsen (mystery/thriller). I know both of those authors are so different, but I get great enjoyment out of reading both of them.
    Please stop by and see my blog All Things Wonderful at www.lisa-bass.blogspot.com.
    I am a new follower and am looking forward to more great blogs from you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through the Nestwork!!

    I love all the Jodi Picoult books. They are easy reads for me since I have 2 little babies at home. One day, I will try again with the Lord of the Rings trilogy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - Thanks for joining our blog hop today. We are new to this and hope to get a lot more people sign up for it.
    Feel free to join both our business pages on facebook and put a link to your blog on there
    www.facebook.coom/theaccessorybarn
    www.facebook.com/michellebank.com

    I look forward to reading your site with your writing tips

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"